November 19, 2007

Shrimp Chowder

I was looking for a good clam chowder recipe and Cherie gave me this recipe and suggested I could sub the clams for the shrimp.
Thanks Cherie! Can't wait to try it, with both!

1/2 c. diced carrots
1/2 c. diced onions
1 c. diced potatoes
1 cube butter
1/2 c. flour
2 c. milk
1 can shrimp
grated Parmesan cheese, to taste

Combine diced carrots, onion and potatoes in saucepan. Add just enough water to cover vegetable. Bring to boil, cover and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until veggies are tender. Set aside. Do not drain. In large pan, melt butter over low heat. Slowly stir in flour until smooth. Add milk. Turn up heat to medium and stir until mixture thickens. When thickened, reduce heat and add vegetable mixture with water and can of shrimp. Served topped liberally with Parmesan cheese. Serves 4. (Guess I'm going to be doubling it!)

1 reviews:

Amateur Cook said...

I'll take shrimp over clams any day!