November 19, 2007

Chicken Mornay

Ok, this is something my mom has ALWAYS made, and it is *so* one of my top fav comfort foods of all time. I don't know what "mornay" is, I've googled it, tried different spellings...just can't find it. But this is what we always called it, so this is what it will stay.

1 boiled chicken, broken into pieces
1 large package of frozen chopped broccoli
3 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder (but I like more!)
1 T lemon juice (again, I like more!)
1/2 C cornflakes or saltine crackers

Put chicken pieces on bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish. Dump broccoli over chicken. Mix soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry together, then spread over dish. Sprinkle crushed cornflakes or saltine crackers over top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve over rice, potatoes or noodles. (We like rice the best) Freezes well
.

2 reviews:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Anonymous said...

You don't need to "know what mornay is" to enjoy eating this. Just enjoy its delicious creamy yummyness!